Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Milani Glitters!


I work the evening shift at the hospital which means I get off work after midnight.  That's usually when I do my grocery shopping.  Well as you may know parts of the US were slammed with an Ice Storm a couple weeks back.  I could not bring myself to attempt to bring in groceries over the ice. 

Last night was the first night in about three weeks that I've bought myself food.  I always swing by the cosmetics section when I'm at Meijer.  I'm always watching for new nail polish displays.  These past few months I've been watching the Milani display, looking for the new glitter nail polish.  Well last night I finally found them.  I don't know if you've ever been shopping at a supermarket at night but there's typically no one around.  Well I let out the biggest squeal when I set my eyes upon these beauties!!   I've had the silver polish (gorgeous) since early December, but I just couldn't find any of the other glitter polishes. 


Looking at the swatches from the other blogs out there I just couldn't imagine purchasing the red glitter or the large chunky glitters.  The gold glitter especially.  It looked too gaudy for my tastes.  Well guess what... It is the first one I've worn.


I applied one coat of China Glaze Midnight Kiss followed by one coat of Milani Gold.  I love the speckled look.  I can't wait to try it with other colors.  I think it would make a fab St. Patty's day manicure.

I started out with just one coat of the Gold on all my nails, then I started back over with a second coat.  You can see it on my pinkie.  It took it to that gaudy-land that I just can't handle.  So I left it this way and I LOVE it.


No comments:

Post a Comment